Benefits of Visiting Primary Care Q&A
If you require the services of a primary care doctor in Reseda CA, we would love to make your acquaintance at Rachman Medical Group! For more information, contact us today or schedule an appointment online. We Are Conveniently Located at 7601 Canby Ave Suite 7 Reseda, CA 91335.
Table of Contents:
Primary care is the backbone of the healthcare system, acting as the first line of contact for all medical concerns. Primary care doctors are qualified to evaluate, diagnose and treat a wide variety of medical conditions, from acute illnesses like influenza to chronic diseases like hypertension. When a condition requires specialized care, primary care doctors can refer patients to a trusted professional experienced in treating their condition.
Primary care connects the general population to the healthcare system, acting as the first line of contact. Primary care addresses the main health problems in the community, providing ongoing care for chronic conditions, preventative care services, curative solutions, and rehabilitative services. The scope of primary care goes beyond services provided by primary care doctors, encompassing other health professionals such as nurses, pharmacists, dentists, and community health workers. Primary care has the potential to respond to major health challenges and promote health for every single person in the community.
Primary care doctors are experienced in treating a long list of medical concerns, from heartburn to heart disease. They can provide care for almost any common condition and help to prevent a number of illnesses and diseases from occurring. Primary care doctors can provide the following services and treatments:
• Atrial Fibrillation/AFib
• Acid Reflux
• CHF/Heart Failure
• Chronic Back Pain
• Chronic Bronchitis
• High Cholesterol
• Heart Disease
• Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
• Gastric Illness
• Chronic Kidney Disease
• Seizure/Epilepsy Maintenance Treatment
• Sleep Disorders/Insomnia
• Chronic Bronchitis
• Gout Treatment & Prevention
• Restless Leg Syndrome
• Erectile Dysfunction
• Anxiety Disorder
• Bipolar Disorder
• Drug, Alcohol, or Substance Abuse
• Chronic Fatigue
• Athlete’s Foot
• Cancer Screening
• Weight Loss
Internal medicine is a form of primary care. Internists (internal medicine doctors) differ from other primary care doctors because they only care for adults. These doctors provide primary care services and are trained to treat both simple and complex conditions from early adulthood through old age. Not all primary care is internal medicine, as primary care comes in many different forms and treats patients of all ages, genders, and backgrounds.
There are many benefits of primary care, including:
• Continuity of Care — Seeing the same doctor for regular visits is known as continuity of care and is beneficial to both the patient and practitioner. By visiting the same doctor, they are able to keep a detailed history of your health, providing invaluable insight and progress updates.
• Convenience — Primary care offers a wide variety of healthcare services in one location, from physical health screenings to preventative care. The continuity of care also provides a huge convenience, as patients do not need to describe their symptoms or health history at every visit.
• Maintenance of Health — Primary care doctors can help determine whether or not a patient is at increased risk for developing conditions like hypertension, diabetes, and high cholesterol, allowing patients to stay on top of their health.
• Early Detection — As part of preventative care, primary care doctors can detect early signs of a number of conditions, allowing them to be taken care of when they are most treatable.
• Better Communication — When patients are familiar with their physician and practice staff, visits are more efficient and less stressful. It is also easier to discuss sensitive matters when working with a doctor with whom you have built a relationship.
If you or someone you love is looking for a top-rated primary care clinic, come to Rachman Medical Group today. Our kind and compassionate professionals are dedicated to providing the highest level of care at each and every visit. Call us today to book an appointment. We serve patients in Reseda CA, San Fernando CA, Twin Lakes CA, Hidden Hills CA, and Burbank CA.